Grist

I think I told you I was probably going to Seattle this fall, but I probably did not tell you that I will be working for Grist Magazine, which is an online endeavor providing news and commentary about the environment. So there you have it.

On a less important front, I'm now giving the movies at right five stars instead of four, because I didn't like the half-star deal. Dangerous Liaisons was another one of the those that was better than "good" but not quite "great" and it seemed dumb to give so many movies an in-between rating. I thought it sagged a little during maybe the second half hour, but once the pace of events escalated that got fixed. My problem was that I failed to find the cruelty of the main characters either humorous or saddening, it just seemed dumb. Somehow that was no longer a problem once there was more sex. Also I thought John Malkovich sounded a lot like Philip Seymour Hoffman at the beginning when he's talking quietly to the marquise about how they're going to be sinister.

Labels:

3 Comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What exactly do you mean by 'working for'?

--Charles

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Andy,

Congrats! Looking forward to meeting you in person and welcoming you to Seattle.

-Emily

11:48 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

By "working for" I mean that I will be working for them as in showing up at the office regularly and doing what they tell me to do. Since I am a volunteer, though, I will not be getting "paid" like an employee.

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment