Dick Dale

The best thing that happened on this week's radio show was when I was playing the Jean Michel Jarre record and I kept hearing the Four Tet remix of "Money Folder", so I played it over top of the record. It might not have been that noticeable since they kind of sound similar, but I enjoyed it.

Dick Dale was masterful last night at the Cabooze. The Cabooze itself wasn't really my favorite place, and not in my favorite part of town, and the Ronnie Lake Band was not anything to get excited about, but Dick Dale was worth it. Probably just the first five or ten minutes of his set was worth the price of admission. I got a little tired of his rambling, improvisatory style, especially since he tended to stray from rigidly defined "surf rock" which was what I enjoyed the most. I mean, I didn't mind that played "Ring of Fire" for a while, but I wouldn't care that much if I went to hear Dick Dale and he didn't cover a Johnny Cash song. He is, though, quite the performer.

Labels:

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment