Best New Music

Max asked me tonight what was the best music I'd heard in the last two weeks. I answered that it was the new Caribou album, and the Pedro and Greg Davis CDs I'd bought. Looking at my radio playlists, it might also include Mouse on Mars' "Frosch" and Saxon Shore's "Love Will Not Save Us".

On a somewhat similar note, I've been trying to refute my assumption that James Murphy is the coolest man alive, but I'm pretty sure he's got it wrapped up. When the Juan Maclean album comes out this summer, it won't even be arguable.

You can listen to parts of each song at their/his website. You can read what Maclean has to say about the tracks too, but some of it's about his fairly messed up life, upon which he expounds in his bio, so you might get kind of depressed, particularly from the one about track seven.

Labels:

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment