100 Other American Films

After discussing the AFI 100 best American films with Charles last night, I thought I'd post a link to Jonathan Rosenbaum's rebuttal and his own "Alternate 100".

Largehearted Boy linked to the iTunes Registry, an alternative to Audioscrobbler, which hasn't worked for me in over a year. I think it requires me to upload my entire library database from time to time, which is kind of burdensome at 25 MB, but at least it works. I found the "Description" on my page to be interesting, if not exactly enlightening. It's not entirely accurate, but it's a nice way of expressing the information they collect. I currently have more tracks than all but 17 other people, but I'm sure that will change as more users sign up.

I also realized that Ben Folds' Rockin' the Suburbs elicits certain emotions from the beginning of freshman year, even if I can't connect them right away with actual circumstances or events, which was kind of unsettling. Then I deleted it from my iTunes library, because I sold it a while ago. Does that mean I deleted freshman year? Probably not.

Labels:

1 Comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's always amazing to me how these kinds of people reveal themselves:

"[Citizen Kane] is a movie that clearly couldn't get bankrolled today (it's in black and white)"

Clearly on auto-pilot -- he could have given dozens of actual reason why Kane wouldn't get made today. On the other hand, I wonder how fast Mr. Rosenbaum wrote this article. I know I've thrown together plenty of paltry arguments for the Carl in an hour long window. Then again, this guy probably got paid.

--Charles

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment