Thursday Night Music

I've got my bandemonium all planned out, but then I forgot to advertise it on my own show. I also wasn't able to get my tracklist printed, which was kind of a disaster, but only a minor one since Cameron opened the record library about half an hour after I started.

Out Hud was neither bad nor as great as I'd hoped they would be. I'd say the best was toward the end, so I don't know if they kept getting better after I left or if they just stopped since they'd said it was going to be their last song. I think I like their first album a little bit more, if not a lot more, and they only played new stuff, which I found disappointing. The biggest problem was that for the most part they just weren't very interesting. To do minimalist electronic or dance music, which they tried to do, you've got to have really great sounds, and I didn't hear any sounds that I really liked, so it was easy to get bored. Their stage banter was kind of terrible, but that's not too important.

Hella played the math-rock, and I don't think I've been to a math-rock show before, so that was interesting. I certainly enjoyed parts of it, though I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how best to enjoy the songs. Sometimes they'd find a good riff and stay with it for a while, but you knew it wouldn't last long, so it was hard to get too attached to any part of the music, which seemed to make my attention wander a little.

Underwhelming or not, Sarah Moody deserves a lot of credit for booking a show this big. It's not too often we geta national tour coming to campus. I mentioned to Adam and Dana that this is probably the only time we'll see an act in the Hot Artist section at All Music Guide the same day they play the Cave.

Labels:

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment