Notes

I was looking around at Largehearted Boy because I'm not quite tired yet, and I saw this list of the best baseball books. The one I'm probably most interested in reading is The New Bill James Historical Baseball Abstract. That might go well with Andrew Sarris's The American Cinema since both have pantheon-type lists for their respective fields.

Also I was just realizing that as much as I hate fanboy reactions to comic book and science fiction movies, I might have a hard time staying objective when seeing The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I mean, I've read the book probably too often, gone through the rest of the "trilogy" at least once, I have the BBC miniseries on DVD, and I've heard the radio series multiple times. Normally I get frustrated when people start to like any one thing too much, because there is so much else that goes undiscovered while you watch, say, Evil Dead II for the thirty-eighth time. At least I'll try to not buy any tie-in merchandise.

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment