Great Lake Swimmers

I really want to play something from this album on my radio show this week, but I can't because it wouldn't fit in at all. The Great Lake Swimmers (I'm listening to their self-titled debut) sound a lot like Sun Kil Moon, though because they record in a silo, I would compare them to solo demos of the slow tracks on At Dawn featuring only Jim James, but with less reverb on his voice. Actually, those demos probably exist and may not sound quite like this, but they would be very aesthetically similar.

I'd guess this may be my second favorite record of the year so far, because I'm still pretty blown away by Antony and The Johnsons' I Am a Bird Now.

MP3s from Insound:

Great Lakes Swimmers "I Will Never See the Sun"
Antony and The Johnsons "Hope There's Someone"

Labels:

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment