Verdana

I was looking at this post from November on Kottke.org where he mentions the fact that Wes Anderson uses the Futura typeface for all his films. I didn't get a lot I'll probably use in my paper, but I found this remark about Verdana at the bottom of the comments:
I've been around and around and AROUND with experimental fonts for various blogs and photography portals in recent years, and always seem to come slinking back to Verdana...

Whilst it's a tad boring continually returning to Verdana, I think it serves blogs very well, because most blogs try to be at least slightly amusing - and for my money, Verdana has a certain buffoonery to it, a kind of slightly tongue-in-cheek campness that makes a written paragraph look as if the author was grinning wryly at the time.
You're probably not reading this in Verdana right now, but it's what I've used for most of the last three years, and haven't found anything I like better overall.

Incidentally, I missed my three-year blogging anniversary last Friday, but we can all now mark it belatedly. Maybe I will predate a blog entry to fake it. Yes, I will.

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment