MP3 Blogs

For whatever reason it has taken me a REALLY long time to find an MP3 blog to get into. It may be because I've had an entire network and record library of music to work through. Anyway, I found a good place to start (I think) at Fluxblog which was referenced in a Pitchfork track review today. Fluxblog itself seems to be fairly interesting and it has a lot of links to other MP3 sites, which I can probably find time to sort through during finals, hopefully finding a few dependable ones to check fairly often.

This would be a good thing to do if I actually try to have a theme show next term (ambient, drone, electronic, etc. | basically not traditional rock/pop songs), since I wouldn't have to depend on what I've got sitting on my hard drive. Actually, the best would be if someone were to do a show entirely from MP3 blog songs they'd downloaded during the week, but that's probably too ambitious for preoccupied college students.

Also, The Morning News had this great "roundtable" with six MP3 bloggers last August that you should read unless you really don't care.

Furthermore, though I've visited Metacritic several times in recent weeks, I hadn't stumbled upon their CD release schedule, which is as manageably sized, though not lacking, as any I've seen for a while.

Labels:

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment