Top 5 Movies: 2000-2004

Charles, who likes to stir up trouble, asked me what my favorite movie was of the last five years. He then expanded the question to the top five movies of the last five years. This could be tough, but I have a list, which shouldn't have too many major omissions. The list says I have watched 111 movies that came out between 2000 and 2004, so the real number is probably 120-130.

I'm working with the following 28 contenders:
  • About Schmidt
  • A.I.
  • American Splendor
  • The Barbarian Invasions
  • Before Sunset
  • Chaos
  • City of God
  • Crimson Gold
  • Distant
  • Dogville
  • Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
  • Ghost World
  • Gosford Park
  • High Fidelity
  • House of Flying Daggers
  • Kill Bill
  • Lord of the Rings
  • Lost in Translation
  • Million Dollar Baby
  • Mystic River
  • Otesanek
  • Primer
  • The Royal Tenenbaums
  • The Secret Lives of Dentists
  • Sideways
  • The Stone Reader
  • Tarnation
  • Whale Rider
This list is, of course, not that meaningful because there is no real gap between #5 and #6, and not that great a gap between #1 and #20.
  • Distant
  • Dogville
  • High Fidelity
  • Kill Bill
  • Mystic River

Labels: ,

1 Comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of those you've listed, I've only seen 10. Of those, only three are in competition:

Kill Bill
Gosford Park
Eternal Sunshine

Those each seem of roughly the same calibre. I have to say: while I once loved High Fidelity, at this point I find it a rather mediocre movie.

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment