Magazines

As mentioned in conversation to Charles, here is my ordered list of magazines from the summer of 2003, favorite to least favorite:
  1. The Nation
  2. The Onion
  3. Harper's
  4. The New Yorker
  5. Times Literary Supplement
  6. London Review of Books
  7. The Economist
  8. The New Republic
  9. The Atlantic Monthly
  10. Spin
  11. The Source
  12. Rolling Stone
  13. CMJ
  14. ESPN The Magazine
  15. Sports Illustrated
  16. Newsweek
  17. Time
  18. U.S. News & World Report
  19. Entertainment Weekly
  20. Movieline
  21. Weekly World News
  22. Maxim, Stuff, FHM
Not included are the comments I made. One note I made was that I thought the popular weekly newsmagazines, toward the end of the list, tried to make people worry about things discussed within the magazine so that it would become a necessary safeguard against the unknown dangers of their environment. I haven't read newsweeklies much lately, so I can't say if I still feel the same way.

You may also note I included two book review publications fairly high. This isn't because they informed me about great books, it's just that I liked reading the criticism and essays.

Labels:

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment