Digital Cameras

I'm comparing digital cameras, and the two I'm looking at right now are the Canon PowerShot A510 ($200) and the Kodak DX6340 ($250). I'm currently leaning towards the Canon, because I can't find any significantly better features on the Kodak.

The one main difference I did notice was that the Canon has manual focus if you want it, whereas the Kodak has no such option. The Kodak may have a greater F-stop range with the tele lens, but it has no option for manual flash, which the Canon does (the Kodak only has on or off). The Canon has no internal memory, but comes with a memory card to match the Kodak's internal memory. The Canon is also lighter and smaller. I am familiar with at least one Kodak digital camera, but the Canon doesn't sound hard to use, so I don't think that will be an issue after the first while.

If you have an opinion, especially in favor of the Kodak, you should leave a comment. Also, if you know of other options in a similar price/feature range, you should comment about that as well.

2 Comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I own a DX6340 and like it, but my main issue would be price. I only paid $200 and that was over a year ago. I think closer to $150 is a good price today, so if you really can't find a better price than $250, then you would be better off buying something else.

5:02 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

I took a look today at Froogle and it looks like the DX6340 is getting somewhat hard to find, especially new, which is probably what I'd get.

Since the Canon model came out last month, most places have it in stock, so I'll probably end up watching prices for a while to see if I can find an especially good deal on either.

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment