Tripod Blogs

I was looking at the free blogs hosted at Tripod/Lycos, and these are the differences I noticed from what's available here:
  • Ads, though they may not be required
  • Post attributes such as "Mood," "Now Playing," and "Topic"
  • A "Buddy page"
  • A calendar based archive system
Also, Tripod offers webspace, which I don't think Blogger does, which might be nice if I wanted to store other pages or files. Actually, I have a Tripod account, which you may remember from days of yore, specifically the summer of 2002, if I recall correctly. However, I don't think Tripod was ever very good at serving remotely hosted images to other sites.

Then again, I have a Flickr account, which will apparently remain free, if limited, for perpetuity. I'll have to find some method to post pictures assuming I get a digital camera in the next few months. I think the easiest method would probably be for me to just put my pictures up at Flickr and have a single link to my photostream. I don't think I would need more than 3 photosets, more than 100 pictures available at a time, or more than 10MB of uploads per month. Assuming I don't really need too many pictures at more than 512 x 384, which I wouldn't unless I wanted a lot of detail, the pictures would probably be an average of 40KB, which would mean an average limit of 250 pictures a month.

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment