The Thermals at the Triple Rock

All-ages shows at the Triple Rock never have the best audiences, but at least this one wasn't obnoxious.

I think I like the Thermals a little bit better on record than in concert. The vocals aren't quite as nice as they sound on the first album, which is something I noticed at the Trail of Dead concert as well. A little reverb probably would have helped.

If anything, the Thermals play even faster live than they do on their albums. I think they played most of their recorded output even though their set lasted less than an hour.

Were you the sort of person to ask me which songs I liked best, I'd respond with "God and Country," "Every Stitch," and "I Know the Pattern".

It wasn't great, but it was pretty good. I don't know that a fast and furious punk rock showcase could ever really overwhelm me since the focus is less on perfecting a sound and more on being raw and non-professional. Either way, I got another poster!

Labels:

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment