10.0

I suggested that I might have a long post about the concept of the 10.0 (or 5 stars, or what have you) rating for a record album, but I've had plenty of other things to attend to today.

Suffice it to say that if I were handing out big-number merit badges, by glancing at what I have listed in iTunes as my thirty favorite albums, here are those that could potentially receive the ultimate rating (as always, this consists only of what I've heard a lot):
  • Interpol: Turn on the Bright Lights
  • My Morning Jacket: At Dawn*
  • Sigur Rós: Ágætis Byrjun
  • Dismemberment Plan: Emergency & I
  • Modest Mouse: The Lonesome Crowded West
  • Weezer: Pinkerton
  • DJ Shadow: Endtroducing...
  • Belle & Sebastian: If You're Feeling Sinister
  • Bruce Springsteen: Nebraska
  • Wire: Pink Flag
  • Nick Drake: Pink Moon
  • Velvet Underground: Loaded*
  • Bob Dylan: Highway 61 Revisited*

    * = Other albums by the same artist could be considered.
And, I think my 15,000th song added to iTunes will certainly be "All You Can Eat" by the Fat Boys.

Labels: ,

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment